Thursday, May 10, 2012

Tool #5: Presentation Tools

Animoto is awesome! It is so easy and quick. How have I never known about or utilized this presentation tool before? But how to use within the classroom...

I could have my kids use animoto to create visual stories within their Literary genre unit. This might be somewhat of a stretch (and I know there are tons of other storyboard and story creation tools/programs out there,) but since it's so dang easy, I could work with it.
I could have them create a story using solely images and music and asking them to focus on videographer choices. Why would you use this picture over that to enhance the conflict? What picture could you use to flush out the protagonist of this story a bit more? 
[I actually don't think this is a very good idea, but I may need to sit on this tool and see how I might utilize it in a meaningful and standards-based way. I need to re-read the TEKS and find where a presenting tool such as this might be useful.]

Below is an animoto I created in probably 5 minutes, using pictures from my Study Abroad program at Oxford when I studied Shakespeare in college.


Make your own photo slideshow at Animoto.


NOTE: come back and add another animoto or Go! Animate, Wordle, Prezi, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment