Monday, December 5, 2011
Thoughts from our iCoaches regarding our January 3rd staff development:
- Technology is important. Not because it is the next big thing the district is pushing. Rather, the future we are preparing our students for will demand that they are adept at the learning, unlearning, and connecting living in a technology-rich society requires.
- Using technology in a sustainable and purposeful way is an expectation of the campus and district.
- A sustainable shift is NOT generating a list of tools to use in class
- Choosing a tool alone is a fleeting goal, since tools change so frequently – For example, Diigo may be useful now, but, by the time the freshmen are seniors, there very well may be a better tool than Diigo.
- Rather, decide on the skills that are important first and then attach the tools to the skill.
Thursday, December 1, 2011
Tuesday, December 6th "User Group"
PDLC # 2718.18736This is time to work on a flipchart, blog, or any other technology resource with my help. If you would like some assistance with a feature on the ActivBoard (perhaps you don't know how to use the clock feature, etc.) or simply time to work on something and receive PDLC credit, this is for you! Stop by.
Thursday, December 8th "Supplemental Training over Jing"
PDLC # 1401.18737
You've heard Holly and Quinton talk about "Jing." Perhaps you've even seen other teachers using it. Come see how to take screenshots of your computer and learn how to record a video of your computer movement whilst voicing instructions. Again, if you're lookin' at that Flex Day possibility in January but know you may not be at 18 hours by then, consider coming. PDLC # listed above.